Monday, November 06, 2006

Fox in the Snow

For some reason, I put "If You Leave Me Now" by Chicago on repeat when I got on the bus tonight. The bus was totally packed, so I had to stand for about 25 minutes (I just sat down and started this post). I had to keep a hand on the handholds, so I couldn't take the song off repeat. It felt like I listened to the song about 14 times. In any event, I now think "If You Leave Me Now" is the official theme song of the 81, for me at least. The time period feels right.

La la la. It's November. The year's nearly at an end. Almost home now. I'll get off the bus and walk down our street in the darkness under the trees. When I get to a house a few houses down from ours, a gray cat usually comes out and meows at me. Things fall into a pattern and stay the same for a while, and you feel like you're in a stable place for a bit. And then everything goes on changing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, I wouldn't have taken you for a Belle and Sebastian fan.