Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Demolition Derby



I dinged up the Intrepid pretty good about a month ago or so. I was flustered because of some silly paperwork issue with my assistant and wasn't looking back as I backed out of my parking space in the parking garage deep beneath my office building; I backed straight into a structural pillar. The sound was a very loud, crunching sound, with a slight hint of a tinkle, as of breaking glass. It was not a good sound. I was only going about five or six miles per hour as I was backing up, but the Intrepid builds up some serious momentum, even at slow speeds. I felt a little bad about it, but quickly got over it. My current attitude about it is that the dent adds character.

There's an alligator hiding behind the grass in the picture below; I took the picture on my crappy 1.3 megapixel cell phone camera during our visit to the Everglades. If you look closely, you can see the gator's horrible reptile eye at the center of the grass.

No comments: