Monday, March 24, 2008

This Will Be Me

Just give me a few months....

These guys are some of the best amateurs I've seen on YouTube. They've both got amazing tone and technique. I want to be them.





Over the weekend I learned "Oh, Canada" and "Hatikva" (the Israeli national anthem). (I also got the high-D on my sax fixed at a local music store -- for free! Some day soon I will have to post about the universal ethos and esprit de corps of local music stores everywhere.) Today, I ordered a Beatles songbook on-line; I'm looking forward to getting that in the next few days. Once I'm getting better, I'll post some songs.

Maybe I'll start practicing in our laundry room.

2 comments:

Kris said...

Cool OG, keep it up. I want to see some videos from your laundry room!

MK said...

Ron,

Next time you go to Paris again, make sure not to miss the Musée de la musique at the Parc de la Villette. It has most of the musical contraptions invented by Adolphe Sax, the creator of many things once named "saxophone".