Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Live Blogging Game 3 from the Coffee Table Lounge in Eagle Rock



I am blogging live from Eagle Rock at the new Coffee Table Lounge. I'm in the belly of the beast as far as Laker fans: plenty of dudes and gals here in old and new Kobe jerseys. This is a pretty sweet place to watch a game: there's two big flat screens and a big prokection screen.

The crowd here is a little hard to take: they were laughing and jeering when Pierce chased a ball into the stands.

The Celtics are taking a bit to warm up, and Kobe has taken like 10 free throws. We'll see how it goes.

I'll note that while Boston fans chant "Beat LA", LA fans chant "Boston sucks.". I'll let you draw your own conclusions on that.

UPDATED 9:59 pm: Damn it. Something terrible happened and the updates I put up during the game got lost. Devastating. Here are the reconstructed highlights:

I had the ahi tuna salad, which was okay; the salad was good, but the tuna was not tasty.

The crowd was pretty despicable. They booed when Powe checked in. They cheered when Rondo twisted his ankle, and again when the TV guys announced that Rondo had twisted his ankle.

The table next to me was full of eight or nine guys and their girlfriends all in Kobe jerseys -- no Magic jerseys, no Kareem, jerseys, not even the knowing odd Van Exel jersey -- just Kobe jerseys. Home, away, 8, and 24 -- Kobe. That's what this team and its fans are all about.

I thought the Lakers' poor foul shooting would do them in, but in the end, it didn't matter.

At some point, I mentioned that I fucking loved Kung Fu Panda. Best movie of the year -- even better than Ironman. Review coming soon.

Why is Luke Walton on the floor in the NBA Finals?

Congrats to the Lakers. 2-1. Game 4 should be good.

No comments: