Thursday, September 18, 2008

A Very Good Reason for Not Caring About the Economy



John McCain offers a defense of his recent mixed messages on the economy:
My friends, in recent days I've been accused of not being interested in or even understanding economic issues. Some have said that I haven't offered any concrete plans for how to address the current financial crisis.

My friends, if I could, I'd just like to mention to my critics that, for a very long time, for five and a half years, in fact, I didn't have any money. I didn't have any cash, any coins, any checking account, any credit cards, any mutual funds, or a stock portfolio. I didn't have any money because I was a PRISONER OF WAR. For FIVE AND A HALF YEARS. NO HOUSE. NO MONEY.
O.G. "News" Service.

The sad thing is, you could actually see him saying something along these lines.

No comments: