Saturday, October 04, 2008

Let's Go Dodgers!



There is currently no known cure, so it is simply an unchangeable fact that I will remain a Mets fan for life. However, I must admit to a growing affection over the past three years for the lovable, scrappy team of my adopted hometown -- the Los Angeles Dodgers, who just swept the Cubs to win their first postseason series in twenty years.

I'm definitely going to be rooting for LA against the Phillies (or Brewers), and against anyone they face from the AL -- most especially the sinister and Disneyfied "Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim".

As a Mets fan, I extend my sympathies to all the Cubs fans out there. One day, my friends, one day.

1 comment:

David said...

it's hard to say where I lost more respect for you....when you called the dodgers "scrappy" or when you expressed sympathy for cubs fans.

dn