Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Notes on a Tuesday Evening at Home



I was sitting on the couch staring at a bag of Junior Mints that we had lying around for some reason. I don't generally like Junior Mints, but it was late, and I was hungry, and I was wanting to have some Junior Mints. But I knew that I shouldn't have any, because I'm getting old, and my cholesterol is higher than it should be, even though I don't generally eat any mammals, and because it was late and I was tired, stupid straightforward things seemed more interesting than they really were, and it seemed fascinating to me that I had this strong urge to eat something sweet and gooey, to enjoy the comforting swell of a temporary carbohydrate high, and that I had to sit there reasoning with myself not to give in and reach over to rip open some Junior Mints.

In the end, Mrs. Octopus came and put the Junior Mints away. I succeeded in not giving in to my urges.

In other news, I guess the phrase of the day is this: Even a dead cat will bounce, if you drop it from high enough.

And I'm sure you've all heard by now, but there is snow on Mars.

I have to go to the dentist tomorrow very early tomorrow morning.

No comments: